In October 1989,
Video Dental Concepts developed the First component based (CCD camera, FO light and Dental Endoscope) Intraoral Video Camera called Oral Videoscope (OVS) in cooperation with Panasonic Industrial Division (NJ) ,and ETS Groux Optics division (France). Since then, VDC has been an innovator and introduced many concepts in Dental Imaging. The major Milestones are:
- 1989: OVS wasintroduced at the SITAD, in Paris France. The instrumentfeatured autoclavable sleeves and 360 deg rotation.
- 1990: OVS is first dental Endoscope with adjustable focus andquick connect portrait and Intraoral lenses
- 1991: Oral Videoscope with “Thumb sliding” focus
- 1992: OVS offers Mirror and Perio clips
- 1993: Diagnostech 2000. First computer based Imaging cart featuring both IOVC and DX-ray with imaging software. The camera was OVS and the sensor was the Sens-A-Ray sensor from Regam Sweden.
- 1994: Introduction of Videoscope 2000 – First monocoil detachable cable; First Intraoral Camera with light bulb in the handpiece and small processor using Sony 999 camera. The Multi-Op concept with “Docking Station” is born.
- 1996: Introduction of ToothPix monocoil using Sony 777 camera with 0 degree and 90 degree contraangle detachable lenses.
- 1997: QuickCam – in Cooperation with Sopro–France. First intraoral camera with memory (Sopro 555).
- 1998:QuickRay – Importer of second single size high-resolution sensor with FREE QuickImage software, in co-operation with Owandy, France.
- 1999:Improved QuickCam with docking station. Also 4 Viewing modes: (P, S, I, M). Portrait, Smile, Intraoral & Macro. See CRA Report March 2001.
- 1999: MiniCam - in Cooperation with DBS – Japan – First LED intraoral camera at affordable prices. VDC breaks the $4,000 barrier with the camera available for $1,395.
- 2001: QuickCamPC – In cooperation with Owandy-France – First diagnostic quality intraoral camera to fit into computer bays. And First Autofocus feature. See CRA Report March 2001
- 2001: MiniCamUSB – First USB cam on the world market. See CRA Report March 2001.
- 2002:RSV Mac. In cooperation with Visiodent – France, Mac OS based sensor.
- 2003: “DOT” –First Dental Operatory Tablet.Recommended by Larry Emmott and in many lectures and workshops around the country.
- 2003:CoolBlue – In cooperation with DSI – Japan. First cordless curing light.
- 2004: Einstein - In co-operation with RF SYSTEMS Lab – Japan. Added macro capability for their Einstein camera (Macro Lens Cap) and other features making it the first reliable wireless intraoral camera.
- 2005: Retropan CdTe – In cooperation with Ajat-Oy, first high-resolution digital conversion kit fitting multiple panoramic machines: Soredex-Cranex Excel, Panoramic PC-1000, Gendex 9200, Instrumentarium OP100, Sirona Orthophos 3.
- 2007:Retropan CCD – A simpler and less expensive kit to convert Dental Panoramic toDigital. Added model Siemens OP10, Belmont Excaliber, Dent-X-Villa Rotograph, Soredex-Cranex models.
- 2007-2008: DiscoveryCam brand under RF AMERICA.
- 2008: DiscoveryCam+. Continuing the evolution of the wireless intraoral camera.
- 2009: ToothPix Palm – First All-in-One self-contained inexpensive intraoral camera system for patient self “tour of the mouth”.
- 2009: Diagnostix2Go – First totally wireless Operatory Imaging Concept featuring DiscoveryCam and WDS sensor from Myray – Italy with a Minibook and Apteryx Software. Wireless camera capturing through USB port. Wireless digital x-ray capturing via Bluetooth transmission. Released at Chicago Mid Winter meeting. See Video with Larry Emmott on YouTube or on our website.
- 2009 February: Received 20 year award from Chicago Dental society for 20 years of attendance at this internationally renowned meeting.
- 2009 Summer: X-ray2Go. New Portable X-ray unit (OEM) with Dental and Veterinary applications.
- 2009 Fall: Dx-ray Lite – Combination of X-ray2Go and X-Pod from Myray, the first totally portable X-ray DX-ray system without a computer.
- 2010 Spring Discovery Ultra A new standard in wireless Intraoral Cameras.
- 2010 Summer. Choice Imaging New universal Imaging software. Drives all hardware devices, bridges to all main PMS, and converts from other captive software.
- 2010 Winter: QuickCam USB The best value for the buck USBCam on the market.
- 2011. DOT Clinical Assistant, Healthcare grade. The DOT computer systems come in many configurations: DOT-Cam, DOTX-ray, DOT-Combo.